Book a Neuro-Rehab Session Now
NEURO REHABILITATION PHYSIOTHERAPY
At Prayatna we are aware that one treatment does not fit all. Neurological symptoms are expressed differently for different people. Our therapy focuses on your needs, and we will work with you to help you achieve the quality of life and independence you strive for.
OUR NEURO REHABILITATION TEAM AT PRAYATNA, KOCHI
Our neuro-rehabilitation team consists of qualified therapists that are skilled in assessment and diagnosis. We work to develop a comprehensive treatment strategy to provide optimum benefits allowing you to achieve independence.
Conditions that benefit from Neuro-Rehab at Prayatna
Some of the conditions that we attend include,
- Degenerative disorders like Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer
disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Post-trauma – brain and spinal cord injury
- Vascular disorders like ischemic strokes (caused by a blood clot), hemorrhagic
strokes (caused by bleeding in the brain), subdural hematoma and transient
ischemic attacks (TIA)
- Post infections namely meningitis, polio, encephalitis and brain abscess
- Structural or neuromuscular disorders like Bell palsy, cervical spondylosis, brain
or spinal cord tumours, peripheral neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia
gravis, Guillain -Barre syndrome
Our elaborate assessment helps therapist determine physical, emotional and cognitive abilities and set goals that help reach optimum levels of functional independence.
Our rehab program includes
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL)
- walking and balance
- strengthening muscles
- Sensory integration
- Speech therapy for improving speaking, swallowing and reading
- Activities to improve problems with memory, attention and concentration
- Stress, anxiety and depression management
- Pain management
- Social and behavioural skills retraining
- Bladder and bowel retraining
Assistive & Adaptive Devices that we use for you
Following neurological conditions, many patients require assistive and adaptive devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, prosthetic devices, orthotic devices etc. to maximise functional capabilities. Our team helps determine the most appropriate fit for the patient based on his/her condition and needs and provides training on the proper use of device.