Occupational Therapy (OT) plays an important role in treating neurodevelopmental disabilities ,as it focus on all the life stages of a child. It is a way of treatment to promote a child’s ability to perform daily chores and as in a way that will improve their quality of life and make possible enjoyment of independent living.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Skills
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Brain Gym
THE THERAPY PROCESS
- Identifying adaptive methods a child can learn to complete tasks.
- Breaking down essential tasks into smaller, do able steps, often modified.
- Capitalizing on the need for accomplishment, pride enjoyment and independence.
- Developing in a child a sense of place in their environment at school and in the community.
HOW OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY HELPS YOUR CHILD IN VARIOUS SETTINGS.
We focus on child’s performance areas & self care training – Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Skills
At Home: include having food, dressing, personal grooming , Brushing, bathing, learning, playing , interacting with parents as well as others etc.
At School : includes opening doors, sitting at the desk ,handwriting skills, using Wash Rooms and Latrines, traveling in school bus or vehicle, holding a book or any object, doing classwork and homework etc.
Occupational Therapy can have far reaching, Positive on the child, his or her Parents and caregivers.
Occupational therapy helps a child with cerebral palsy to maintain a daily routine. This helps him/her to have an independent and quality living. The Therapist, through various tested and proved therapies helps the child to respond to various life demands, helps him/her in developing relationships, talking Self – care, pursue education etc.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AND SENSORY INTEGRATION
Occupational therapy uses a number of approaches as treatment methods, depending on each child. Sensory integration therapy is one among them, which is highly recognized and an effective method. As it is a play oriented therapy, it is widely used and progress is evident within weeks.
SENSORY INTEGRATION THERAPY
Sensory integration therapy for autism is intended to rectify the problems associated with the processing of sensory inputs.
The common sensory issues experienced by most autistic children include:
- Inability to scan the background noises to pick up the meaningful conversations.
- Spatial problems related to correct positioning of the body.
- Inattention, restlessness and poor sitting tolerance.
- Hypersensitivity to tactile and other stimuli induced by items like particular type of clothes etc.
- Sensory behaviors that limit the child from functional performance (for example:-Hand Flapping, the child might get overexcited and seek pleasure through sensory seeking behavior and thereby limits hand use, which is needed to perform day to day activities. Other common examples include Corner gaze, Spinning, Frequent jumping, Head shaking etc.
- A detailed evaluation is needed for your child to confirm the diagnosis and identify sensory related issues.
- The aforesaid sensory problems are experienced by majority of autistic children. The challenges aggravate the social, attention and behavior related problems already being grappled by patients.
- Our Therapists are widely experienced and have developed innovative techniques to facilitate an early recovery from sensory integration related symptoms.
- It is strongly recommended that you work with an Occupational Therapist who has a solid understanding of sensory processing issues.
The sensory activities included in our sensory integration therapy program for Autism are known to prove quick results, you will experience visible changes in the behavioral pattern of the patients within days of application of Therapeutic care. The treatment for sensory processing disorders is readily available at our clinic. We have innovatively added to the existing sensory integration therapy process to make the changes in autistic people apparent early. Our team would guide you on every step to secure the best care for your children. Avail the therapy now and make your children more socially aware.
The brain gym training program would be tailored to the unique needs of your child. It would be designed to motivate to give reflection to his/ her innate intelligence intuitively without having to wait for an external cue. Brain gym as a part of autism treatment for children training model has proved to be highly efficacious in building awareness among kids regarding the importance of taxing one’s own mental faculties to register exceptional progress in life. The brain booster games ensure that children take note of the stimuli around them and respond accordingly to strengthen the reflex action of brain. This would serve to build the self-esteem of child and make him/ her responsible and focused. The brain helps to free the flight of imagination among children.